Temperatures fall, pumpkin patches open, and spooky happenings pop up all around town. It must be time for Halloween!
To get the kids in the spirit of things why not try this simple and inexpensive activity?!
1. 3 large craft sticks
2. Washable paint (orange, black, white, any color you like!) plus paintbrush
3. Hot/low temp glue gun and glue sticks
4. Button (any color works but flat ones stay on better)
5. 2-3 yards elastic/yarn/twine (any color)
6. Plastic spiders (I bought mine at Party City)
1. Lay out the 3 craft sticks on a clean flat surface and paint one side. Allow to dry and paint the other side. Set aside.
2. Once the craft sticks are completely dry form an X and apply hot glue where the two lines meet at the center of the X. Place other stick in the middle of the X vertically and glue in the center to form a 6 point star/spoke shape.
3. Glue button in center where all of the sticks meet.
4. Hot glue center of button and press spider on to adhere.
5. Pick up elastic/yarn/twine and tie it onto a stick double knotting it to the back of the web.
6. Flip web over with button and spider on top. Wrap elastic/yarn/twine around web by wrapping it over the stick to the right, wrap under the stick and around, then move onto the next stick on the right. Keep wrapping using this pattern until you have about 1/2 inch of sticks exposed at the ends.
7. When you reach the end of the elastic/yarn/twine double knot it to the back of the web.
8. Add twine/yarn to end of one of sticks to hang on the wall or onto a suction cup on a window.